Keep Track of Your Earnings & Benefits with a My Social Security Account

APA OKC Note: This info is very helpful to not only you but the employees you pay! For employees about to retire or for those employees who may have retired family members, this information can make you the payroll hero at your company!

The my Social Security account is a free online account that allows people quick, secure access to their personal Social Security information. You can use your account to access your Social Security Statement to verify your earnings and get estimates of future retirement, disability, and survivor benefits you and your family may receive.

If you already receive Social Security benefits, you can:

SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S

Social Security sends an SSA-1099 or 1042S each January to everyone who receives Social Security benefits. These forms show the total amount of benefits paid in the previous year. An estimated 42% of people who get Social Security benefits have to pay income tax on their benefits. They can use this statement when they complete their federal income tax return to find out if they have to pay taxes on their benefits.

If you lose your SSA-1099 or 1042S, you can use a my Social Security account to view and print your SSA-1099 or 1042S or request to have a new one mailed to you.

Setting up an account is easy, secure and convenient — just go to my Social Security – Sign In Or Create an Account.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Twitter - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle
  • LinkedIn - Grey Circle

We are an affiliated local chapter of the American Payroll Association.

Learn more about APA at

© 2016 by Oklahoma City Chapter of the American Payroll Association